The Essence of Enterprise Solutions
Enabling Transformation through Innovative Thinking
Practical Solutions to Enterprise Architecture
- “Open systems” -- “self-regulating” units of
- Also “wholes unto themselves” and “parts of
• Open Systems Engineering:
- “Deciders” transform messages into actions
- “Transducers” translate messages between
the decider and its internal resource
structure and its external environment.
• Scale-Free Networks:
- Changes cascade through clusters creating
- Engineering enables management to avoid
unintended consequences and maximize
• Management Algebra
- Defines a capability’s regulatory
• Value-Based Cost
- Focused on the development of Yield Curves.
- The direction of change in the effectiveness
of the capability relative to its cost.
- Derived from the management algebra using
“cost utility analysis.
• Enterprise Architecture:
- Data Models
• Interfaces to Authoritative Data Sources
• Data Model Mapping Techniques
• Taxonomy and Mapping Tools
• Data Strategy
The ART of establishing clear and quantified Portfolio objectives and
managing investments in accordance with those goals.
• Capability Analysis
Implementing a logical, incremental process toward the goal of
understanding capability needs
• Governance Planning and Implementation
A uniquely targeted approach to understanding governance requirements,
evaluating institutionalized processes and mechanisms
• Transformation Planning & Management
Making Enterprise Architecture relevant to transformation activities.
• DoD Architecture Framework
• Zachman Enterprise Architecture
• Federal Enterprise Architecture
• Data Modeling/Architecture
• Enterprise Architecture Tool
Evaluations and Recommendations
- DoDAF, Zachman, Analysis & Repository
• Software Engineering/Modeling
• Business Process Improvement /
• Enterprise Architecture Tool Bridges,
Interfaces and Add-ons
• Repository Management and Interfaces
• Graphic Design Solutions
- Presentations, Custom Graphics & Image
Manipulation, Identity Design, Package
Design, Booth Design, etc.